Occasional commuter annecdotes, helpful hints, projects and ideas.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What Are You Looking At?

Recently, I've been getting better at my technique. So much so, that once I've memorized a pattern, I can look away from my dcs (double-crochets) long enough to get a glimpse of who's been looking at me.

I work and work and work and pretend not to notice others staring. First of all I'd say that it's quite mesmerizing once you find a rhythm. The crochet hook almost seems to dance through the loops and the hand is simply a following dance partner. I get so lost in this that sometimes I "over-crochet," (I'll put too many stitches in one loop or ring). So, I can't fault anyone else for staring. And they do stare. Once I know someone is staring, I glimpse up just to see the face of the person looking turn bashful. If I see a friendly face, I smile back. If not, I just return to my work.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! I can't dance but you described how I feel when I crochet! Happy crocheting in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound like me every morning..lol

    ReplyDelete